SMITHFIELD – The Audubon Society of Rhode Island proclaims the next applications. Register for occasions by way of the occasions calendar at asri.org.
• Prowl for Owls at Caratunk: Oct. 16, Nov. 19, and 30, from 6:30 to eight:30 p.m., at Audubon Caratunk Wildlife Refuge, 301 Brown Ave., Seekonk, Mass.
Take a night hike by way of Caratunk in the hunt for owls of their pure habitat. An exquisite program for households with kids over the age of 12. Gown for the climate and produce a flashlight.
• Hawk Watch: Saturday, Oct. 16, 10 a.m.-noon, at Napatree Level Conservation Space, Westerly.
Napatree Level is among the finest areas to search for accipiters, falcons and eagles. If the winds are proper, there may be fairly an important present. Swallows, monarch butterflies and any remaining shorebirds can also be noticed. Program is restricted to 10 folks. Advance registration is required.
Charge: $15/member; $20/non-member. Ages: teen to grownup.
• Nest, Dens and Burrows: Saturday, Oct. 16, from 1 to three p.m., at Audubon Caratunk Wildlife Refuge, Seekonk, Mass.
Take an early afternoon hike by way of the fields and woods of Caratunk to seek for birds, mammals, and bugs making ready for the winter months. Search for what they constructed or left behind. An incredible household program for ages 4 and up.
Charge: $5/member baby; $7/non-member baby. Ages: 4 and up.
• Fall Birding Stroll: Sunday, Oct. 17, from 8 to 10 a.m., at Audubon Caratunk Wildlife Refuge, Seekonk, Mass.
Be a part of naturalist and science trainer Joe Koger to watch migratory birds passing by way of the Caratunk Wildlife Refuge. Talk about completely different habitats and methods to determine birds, together with look, music, and conduct. Put on sturdy footwear and costume for the climate. Advance registration is required.
Charge: $10/member, $14/non-member. Ages: 12 and up.
• Owl Prowl: Monday, Oct. 18, from 6:30 to eight:30 p.m., at Audubon Fort Wildlife Refuge, 1443 Windfall Pike, North Smithfield.
Bundle up and go to Fort Wildlife Refuge on an autumn evening to seek for owls. An Audubon naturalist will name for various species as you stroll by way of combined and pine woods. Hike will probably be canceled within the occasion of inclement climate.
Charge: $10/member; $14/non-member. Ages: 12 and up.
• Natural Plant Stroll: Wednesday, Oct. 20, from 4 to six p.m., at Audubon Caratunk Wildlife Refuge, Seekonk, Mass.
Be a part of Maggie Hatzpanian, nurse, herbalist and medicinal plant educator, for a stroll by way of the woods, meadows and wetlands of Caratunk to seek for native New England medicinal vegetation. Advance registration is required.
Charge: $15/member, $18/non-Member. Ages: 12 and up.
• Nature Tales — “Mousekin’s Golden Home,” by Edna Miller: Wednesday, Oct. 20, from 10 to 11 a.m., at Audubon Powder Mill Ledges Wildlife Refuge, 12 Sanderson Street, Smithfield.
Get pleasure from story time together with your preschooler with a give attention to nature. Program contains story time adopted by a nature craft, brief stroll or reside animal go to. Adults should accompany kids.
Charge: $5/member baby; $7/non-member baby. Ages: 3-6.
• The Energy of One – Aware Decisions to Save Birds: Sunday, Oct. 24, from 1 to 2:30 p.m., at Audubon Nature Middle and Aquarium, 1401 Hope St., Bristol.
Be a part of Audubon Director of Avian Analysis Dr. Charles Clarkson and uncover methods to assist shield weak and declining hen populations with buying energy. Be taught which labels to search for when purchasing and the way your selections on the market have far-reaching impacts.
Charge: $10/member; $12 non-member. Ages: grownup.
• Climbing Prudence Island: Thursday, Oct. 28, from 1:30 to six p.m.
Prudence Island has a number of miles of mountaineering trails that cowl a variety of habitats from forested wetlands to coastal meadow and pine barrens. Tempo will probably be average and roughly 4 to five miles will probably be lined by way of a mixture of terrain. Word that face masks will probably be required no matter vaccination standing whereas using within the van. On account of restricted house, reservations are required.
Charge: $10/member grownup, $5/member baby; $12/non-member grownup, $8/non-member baby. Ages: 12 and up. To study extra about Prudence Island journeys and to register, go to the occasions calendar at www.asri.org.
• The Good Pumpkin Social gathering: Saturday, Oct. 30, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Audubon Nature Middle and Aquarium, Bristol.
Be a part of us for a unique form of autumn celebration and discover out simply how a lot enjoyable a pumpkin may be. Seek for hidden nature-themed pumpkins all through the wildlife refuge — discover all of them and pick a prize. Attempt enjoyable pumpkin video games, pumpkin adorning, and gather stickers on your pumpkin “patch.” Go to the foolish picture sales space and check out disguises for a festive household picture. Are available costume and obtain a prize. No have to register.
Free with admission. Pumpkins for adorning have to be bought.