Take pleasure in stay Hawaiian music and cultural courses once more at this standard Waikīkī procuring and leisure complicated.
Cultural courses and Hawaiian leisure returns to the Royal Hawaiian Middle. For the reason that middle opened its doorways on Kalakāau Avenue in 1980, it has welcomed each locals and guests and aimed to supply the very best procuring and eating experiences and cultural classes.
Step into The Royal Grove to find the legacy of Helumoa, Waikīkī’s historic coconut grove. On Wednesday evenings, benefit from the melodies of Hawaiian music favorites and all through the weekend, witness the great thing about keiki (children) hula, hula kahiko (historic hula) and hula ‘auana (fashionable hula).
Right here’s the middle’s weekly schedule for stay leisure and hula performances:
Dwell Music Leisure
- Tuesdays, 5:30 to six:30 p.m.: Kawika Trask Trio
- Wednesdays, 5:30 to six:30 p.m.: Pu‘uhonua
- Thursdays, 5:30 to six:30 p.m.: Ha‘eha‘e Women
- Fridays, 5:30 to six:30 p.m.: Malu Productions
- Saturdays, 11 a.m. to midday.: Keiki hula
- Saturdays, 5:30 to six:30 p.m.: Hula kahiko
- Sundays, 5:30 to six:30 p.m.: Hula ‘auana
Performers might be 10 toes from visitors. Friends ought to proceed sporting their masks and should stay socially distanced no less than 6 toes from each other. (Performances are topic to alter or cancelled with out discover.)
Embrace the wealthy heritage of Hawai‘i with free cultural courses for keiki to kūpuna (elders) at Royal Hawaiian Middle.
Right here’s the middle’s weekly schedule for cultural courses:
- Mondays, 11 a.m.: ‘Ukulele classes at Helumoa Hale
- Tuesdays, 11 a.m. : Hula classes at The Royal Grove Stage
- Wednesdays, midday: Lau hala weaving in Constructing A, Degree 2
- Thursdays, midday: Keiki hula class at The Royal Grove Stage
- Fridays, midday: Lei-making class in Constructing A, Degree 2
Courses are restricted to the primary 16 individuals, ages 7 and older. All courses are first-come first-served, no reservations allowed. (Courses are topic to alter or cancellation with out discover.)
Take pleasure in Royal Hawaiian Middle’s free validated parking for the primary hour with a minimal $10 buy and $2 solely every hour for the second and third hours; customary charges at $6 apply thereafter.
Kama‘āina and army get extra financial savings. With a minimal $10 buy, obtain three free hours of validated parking; customary charges apply thereafter. Validations MUST be redeemed at Helumoa Hale Visitor Companies from 11 a.m. to eight p.m. with receipts and a legitimate Hawaiʻi State I.D., driver’s license or army I.D. No exceptions.