Los Angeles County public well being officers mentioned that 4,544 new instances of Covid-19 had been confirmed right this moment, which means that an enhanced spherical of security measures will start Monday. They embrace an upgraded stay-at-home order that can stay in place till Christmas Week.
As of right this moment, L.A. County’s five-day common of recent instances is 4,751. Authorities had mentioned this previous weekend that if the five-day common of instances is 4,500 or extra, a “focused safer at dwelling order” could be issued for 3 weeks that might place extra restrictions on non-essential staff and people securing important companies to go away their properties. See particulars of the brand new restrictions beneath.
“These focused measures are in impact for the subsequent three weeks and nonetheless permit for a lot of important and nonessential actions the place residents are all the time masked and distanced,” L.A. County Public Well being director Barbara Ferrer mentioned right this moment. “We all know we’re asking rather a lot from so many who’ve been sacrificing for months on finish and we hope that L.A. County residents proceed following Public Well being security measures that we all know can gradual the unfold.”
In Los Angeles, Grim Thanksgiving Day Coronavirus Numbers Presage Dark December
The brand new restrictions are scheduled to stay in place till December 20.
In line with official estimates, each COVID-19 affected person in Los Angeles County is passing the virus to a mean of 1.27 individuals — the very best transmission price the county has seen because the outbreak took maintain in March, earlier than any security protocols resembling face coverings and social distancing had been in place. Based mostly on that transmission price, well being officers estimate one among each 145 individuals within the county now’s contaminated with the virus and transmitting it to others.
“Performing with collective urgency proper now’s important if we wish to put a cease to this surge,” Ferrer added. “Please stay dwelling as a lot as doable and don’t collect with others not in your family for the subsequent three weeks.”
In the meantime, county officers additionally mentioned right this moment that 1,893 individuals with the coronavirus are hospitalized within the county, with almost 1 / 4 of them in intensive care wards. Only one month in the past, 747 individuals hospitalized with Covid in Los Angeles County — a rise of 253%.
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti famous the alarming pattern in a tweet right this moment:
Two months in the past, it was projected that one in each 880 L.A. County residents had been contaminated with COVID-19. Now, it’s estimated it is one in each 145.
Now we have to behave now to gradual the unfold.
Please keep dwelling as a lot as doable.
— MayorOfLA (@MayorOfLA) November 27, 2020
The brand new countywide restrictions additionally would have kicked in if hospitalizations high 2,000 per day for 5 days.
Listed here are particulars concerning the stricter limits on L.A. County residents that can start Monday on account of a fifth consecutive day of 4,500 or extra new instances of Covid-19:
- Gatherings: all private and non-private gatherings with people not
in your family are prohibited, apart from church companies and protests,
that are constitutionally protected rights.
- Occupancy limits at numerous companies; all people at these
websites are required to put on face coverings and preserve at the very least 6 toes of distance:
- Important retail: 35% most occupancy;
- Nonessential retail (contains indoor malls): 20% most occupancy;
- Private care companies: 20% most occupancy;
- Libraries: 20% most occupancy;
- Health facilities working outside: 50% most occupancy;
- Museums galleries, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens working outside: 50% most occupancy;
- Mini-golf, batting cages, go-kart racing working outside: 50%
- Out of doors recreation actions all which require face coverings (apart from swimming) and distancing: Seashores, trails and parks stay open; gatherings at these websites with members outdoors your family are prohibited.
- Golf programs, tennis courts, pickleball, archery ranges, skate parks, bike parks and neighborhood gardens stay open for people or members of a single family. Swimming pools that serve a couple of family might open just for regulated lap swimming with one particular person per lane. Drive-in films/occasions/automobile parades are permitted supplied occupants in every automobile are members of 1 family.
- Faculties: All faculties and day camps stay open adhering to reopening protocols. Okay-12 Faculties and Day Camps with an outbreak (3 instances or extra over 14 days) ought to shut for 14 days.
- Closed nonessential companies/actions:
- Playgrounds (aside from playgrounds at childcare and faculties;
- Eating places, bars, breweries and wineries stay closed for in- particular person eating and ingesting due to the excessive charges of transmission locally, as prospects will not be carrying face coverings, which ends up in an elevated likelihood of transmission of the virus. Eating places, wineries and breweries stay open for pick-up, supply and take-out. Breweries and wineries stay open for retail gross sales at 20% occupancy.
Metropolis Information Service contributed to this report.