SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — A number of San Diego excessive faculties will supply to COVID-19 vaccine to college students as younger as 12 years previous this week.
San Diego Unified will accomplice with UC San Diego Well being and Sharp Healthcare to host the clinics, which is able to supply Pfizer vaccines to college students, workers, households, and neighborhood members. College students who attend a college internet hosting a clinic will want a signed mum or dad consent kind to get a vaccine and different college students should have a mum or dad current.
The clinics will probably be hosted from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on a walk-in foundation at:
- Monday, Could 17, and Tuesday, Could 18, at Hoover and Lincoln excessive faculties (UCSD Well being)
- Wednesday, Could 19, and Thursday, Could 20, at Morse and San Diego excessive faculties (UCSD Well being)
- Tuesday, Could 18, at Mira Mesa Excessive Faculty (Sharp HealthCare)
- Wednesday, Could 19, at Madison Excessive Faculty (Sharp HealthCare)
- Thursday, Could 20, at Mission Bay Excessive Faculty (Sharp HealthCare)
Every healthcare supplier will present dates for the wanted second dose of the vaccine. Data on clinics and copies of consent types are available online here.
The clinics come every week after the CDC advisable the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for youngsters as younger as 12.
“Now that youngsters as younger as 12 are eligible for vaccinations, it is crucial that vaccines proceed to be accessible in all communities. Vaccinating everybody who’s eligible helps us get nearer to ‘herd immunity,’ the place the virus transmission price is low, and it additionally helps scale back the probabilities for producing new variants. The virus wants to copy and be handed alongside, so as to produce new variants,” San Diego Unified Pediatrician Dr. Howard Taras stated.