The Williamsport Space Faculty Board handed a number of agenda gadgets via an omnibus, together with permitting highschool college students to take an Emergency Medical Technician course with the Pennsylvania School of Expertise as an elective.
The category will depend as a 1.0 elective credit score, and can weigh 1.4 credit score factors on a scholar’s transcript–that means it can issue into the scholar’s grade-point common and sophistication rank.
The price of taking the course shall be fronted by households of scholars taking the course, the district introduced.
The district additionally individually permitted a memorandum of understanding settlement with Mansfield College’s Early Begin Program, permitting choose college students to enroll in on-line, hybrid or face-to-face programs as non-degree college students the place house is out there. Households pays a course price of $50 a 12 months.
The district additionally adopted a non-discrimination coverage assertion as beneficial by the state division of training below title VI and title IX.
The board approved Bayada Residence Well being Care Inc., to supply RN/LPN nursing companies to the district as wanted on the price of $50 an hour from Aug. 30 2021-Aug. 30 2022. The board additionally renewed its settlement with Frontline applied sciences to supply worker administration companies at an annual price of $13,129.47 throughout the 2021-2022 faculty 12 months.
American Rescue Staff will present district workers with CPR and first support coaching in the course of the week of Aug. 16 at the price of the worker.
Within the realm of bids and contracts, the board permitted a change order from Weatherproofing Applied sciences, Inc., a credit score for estimated freight prices for roof repairs at the highschool at a lower in value of $4,441.
Moreover, the board permitted a bid from Gutelius Excavating Inc., for the culvert substitute on the intermediate faculty at a base bid of $128,300 out of the capital reserve fund.
In different information, the board unanimously permitted the next agenda gadgets:
• Buying 390 SMART Studying Suite licenses from Visible Sound for $10,427 utilizing COSTARs, funded by the expertise funds.
• Buying IXL Studying-Math for the 2021-22 faculty 12 months for $14,388 via the elementary and secondary math budgets.
• 2021-22 tuition agreements with New Story Faculty to supply six college students with particular training necessities and all associated companies. 4 college students shall be paid for at $276 per day, one at $378 per day and one at $510 per day via the particular training funds.
• An settlement with the town and metropolis police, who will present a Faculty Useful resource Officer to the district. The district pays half the wage and advantages for the 180 days they’re assigned to the district out of the scholar companies funds.
• The formation of the Williamsport Millionaire Cornhole Membership at the highschool, suggested by Nick Kelley, a trainer on the Lycoming Valley Intermediate Faculty.
• As much as 56 summer time skilled days for secondary academics for $150 per day.